Director of Fitness
Strength Coach and Personal Trainer for 12 years
4 years of experience as Personal Training/Gym Manager
Led Corporate Wellness Programs among Military, Fire, Police, Financial Services, and CEMC Power Company with concentrations in Injury Prevention, Body Transformation, and Nutrition Counseling
Health Coach for Corporation using Motivational Interviewing for 2 years
Previous High School Strength and Conditioning Coach for Wrestling and Baseball Athletes
Selected Trainer for Emory’s Wounded Warrior Program in Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Science in Biology from Austin Peay State University
Master of Science in Health and Human Performance with emphasis in Health and Wellness Leadership
NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
PTA Global Behavior Change in Exercise, Certified Personal Trainer
Functional Movement Screen, Level I and II
Burgener Strength Weightlifting Coach, Level
541 Training Coach
Brandon’s parents ran a boxing and MMA gym, which sparked his love for fitness. Brandon played Soccer and Tennis in High School. He went on to go to Bethel University on a Tennis Scholarship. Brandon was the Assistant Tennis Coach at Camden Central. Youth Soccer Coach for three years. He obtained his Sports Nutritionist Certification in April 2021. Brandon moved to Clarksville in June of 2021 and is an integral part of our team at Acme!
- Coached High School Tennis for 3 years.
- Coached and Referred Youth Soccer for 3 years
- Personalized Nutrition Coach
- Certified Sports Nutritionist through AFPA
- USA Weightlifting (USAW) Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
Sports Performance Director
Coach Benton Lewis moved to Clarksville, Tennessee, in 2012 after his family was
stationed in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. He started coaching in 2019 while interning
with Austin Peay’s Football Strength & Conditioning program and later as a Personal
Trainer for Austin Peay’s fitness and recreation center. In Spring 2020, Lewis
graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance from
Austin Peay State University and moved to Denver, Colorado, to pursue a career in
Human Performance and Wellness.
While in Colorado, Coach Lewis attended the University of Denver’s Strength and
Conditioning and Fitness Coaching graduate program. In addition, Lewis interned
with the Denver Fire Department’s Health and Wellness team, which later
influenced the creation of his private practice, which serves military and first
responders from across the nation.
In 2021, Coach Lewis returned to Austin Peay to assist with Fitness & Wellness
program and later served as the Recreation Programs Coordinator. Lewis now
serves as the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator at ACME Athletics in Clarksville,
Coach Lewis is an NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and NSCA
Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator. In addition, Lewis is an inaugural
recipient of the 2022 NSCA DEI Leadership Award, a former Northwest European
Council of International Schools athlete, and Eagle Scout.
Sports Performance Coach
Rachael was born and raised in Florida. She loves the outdoors, working out, and her two fur
babies, Kiki and Max. She has been a military spouse for the past 9 years and enjoys the
community and friendships that come along with it.
Rachael was introduced to fitness in high school when she ran track, competing in the 800-
meter and 1-mile events. After high school, she continued with fitness competing in both
CrossFit and Powerlifting competitions. She placed third in her weight class at her Powerlifting
Rachael is currently pursuing her Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance from
Austin Peay State University. In addition, she is a Certified Personal Trainer through the
National Academy of Sports Medicine and is Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified.
Rachael is graduate of several specialized courses, including Advanced Strength and
Conditioning, Nutrition for Sport and Exercise, and Sport Psychology.
Travis Janssen comes to ACME with 26 years of NCAA college coaching experience. Most recently Travis served as the Head Coach at Austin Peay State University. In six full seasons he accumulated 169 wins, along with 2 OVC runner-up finishes. His teams defeated Power 5 schools nine different times in six years, including three victories over Top 10 ranked opponents (Vanderbilt 2019, Clemson 2018, North Carolina State 2017), which were the school’s first ever top 10 wins. During his time at Austin Peay, Janssen’s OVC conference winning percentage was the highest of all active OVC coaches. Travis has worked on coaching staffs that have produced close to 100 professional players, including 11 that have reached the Major Leagues. Most recently, former player and current St Louis Cardinal, Ryan Helsley was named a 2022 MLB All Star. In addition to Austin Peay, Travis has had coaching stops at six other NCAA Division 1 or Division II schools, where he has been a part of five championships. He has made stops in his coaching career in both the SEC and the Big XII conferences. As a player, Janssen played professionally for the Adirondack Lumberjacks briefly in 1996. He was an All-American at New Mexico State University in 1995, as he posted a batting average over .400 for his two-year career. Before his time at New Mexico State he helped lead Butler County Community College (KS) to a 3rd place finish in the NJCAA World Series. Janssen prepped at Manhattan High School in Manhattan, KS. During his senior year he led the Indians to their first state championship in program history.
Scooter Hightower was born and raised here in Clarksville, TN where he grew up playing local at Clarksville National little league. He played baseball at Clarksville High School from 2009-2012. In 2010 he was part of the CHS state tournament team. Once he graduated in 2012 he went on to play college baseball at Columbia State Community College as a pitcher. In 2014 he helped lead his team to the junior college World Series. From there he got drafted in 2015 to the Pittsburgh Pirates where he pitched for 5 years. In 2018 he was elected to be on the Florida State League All Star team. He retired from the Pirates organization in 2019. He is now a local firefighter for the City of Clarksville and is happy to be back in his hometown to teach the youth skills he has learned throughout his career. —
Originally from Phoenix, Arizona, Jen Garinger has exhaustive experience in volleyball. She first came to Clarksville with her family in 2006, by way of Ft. Campbell. Since then, she has spent much of her time coaching high school and club volleyball in the Clarksville area, where her teams competed in district and regional championships. Jen was twice named District 10AAA Coach of the Year, in 2012 & 2013. Coach Garinger hopes to continually grow Clarksville’s commitment to excellent volleyball through her expert guidance at Acme Athletics.
- Various Adult indoor and sand tournaments (2000-present)
- USAV, Adult Nationals (Minneapolis, Atlanta, New Orleans, & Phoenix)
- University of Louisiana Lafayette (1996-97)
- Scottsdale Community College (1994-95)
- Arizona Juniors Volleyball Club (1990-94)
- Central High School (1990-93)
- Art of Coaching Volleyball Member (December 2015 – Present)
- CrossFit Trainer – Level 2 (Certified February 2015)
- CF Kids (Certified 2012)
- Clarksville Volleyball Club (2015 – Present)
- Clarksville Volleyball Youth League, Clinics & Camps (2012 – Present)
- Davidson Academy, Lady Pumas (2014-15)
- Pat Powers Camp, Assistant Coach (2014)
- Club West VBC, Clarksville Club Director (2012-14)
- Kerri Walsh-Jennings Camp, Volunteer Coach (2013)
- Alliance VBC, Clarksville Club Director (2009-12)
- Rossview High School, Head Volleyball Coach (2006-07 & 2011-13)
- Club Red 15U (AZ), Assistant Coach (2007-08)
- AZ Sky 15U, Assistant Coach (2009-10)
- AZ Sky VBC, Club Director (2005-06)
- Mid South Volleyball Academy 18U, Head Coach (2006)
- NJCAA DII Championship, Site Director (2005)
- FAVA VBC (NC), Volunteer Coach (2005)
- Scottsdale Community College, Assistant Coach (2003-05)
- Arizona Juniors VBC 12U, Head Coach & Tournament Director (2002-04)
- Rocky Mountain VBC, Director & Head Coach (1999-02)
Originally from Salem, WI, Coach KJ Storz comes to Acme Athletics with several years of both playing and coaching experience. She played college softball for the University of West Alabama (UWA) from 1997-2001. Then while completing her Masters Degree in Physical Education she was the pitching and outfield coach for UWA. She then moved to Elon, NC where she was the Assistant Coach for Division 1 Elon University. There she worked with pitchers, catchers, slappers and outfield. After spending 10 year coaching college softball she moved to Clarksville in 2009 and became the head coach of the West Creek High School softball team. Coach Kj is currently a PE teacher at Carmel Elementary and continues her passion and love for the game and teaching young athletes by coaching at Clarksville National Softball League. She is excited to work with Acme Athletics to continue to grow softball athletes.
- Westosha Central High School (CHS) – 1993-1997
- University of West Alabama – 1997-2001
- 4 Year letter winner at UWA
- Inducted into CHS Athletic Hall of Fame – 2017
- Assistant Softball Coach/Pitching Coach at the University of West Alabama – 2001-2004
- Assistant Softball Coach Pitching, Slapping, Outfield Elon University 2004-2009
- Head Softball Coach West Creek High School 2009-2011
- Clarksville Nationals Coach 2016-2019
A Clarksville native that is very passionate about all sports. She graduated from Clarksville High School in 2019, where she played softball and volleyball. Shelby is attending college at Austin Peay State University and completing a major in mathematics and Statistics with a minor in Education. She is an assistant middle school softball coach at Richview and is also a volleyball coach here at ACME. Shelby Gibson is ready to help children grow in their physical skills and improve their athletic abilities.
- Clarksville HS varsity softball (2016-2019)
- 4 Year letter winner at CHS
- Clarksville HS varsity volleyball (2017-2018)
- Assistant Softball Coach at Richview Middle School
- Head Coach of a 14U Travel Softball Team (2019)
- Assistant Volleyball Coach at ACME Athletics
- Private Instructor (2019-Present)